Slitter - Rewind Helper
Garlock Printing & Converting (Gardner, MA)
Garlock is looking for machine helpers.
Position pays $11.17 - 14.50 an hour based on experience.
Must be flexible on shift.
Perform diversified manual duties assisting all slitter/rewind operators for the entire shift to maintain ongoing production so the Operators can continue to run the machine while the helper takes care of rewind rolls coming off the slitting/rewinding machinery. Duties include: unloading rewind rolls, samples, labeling, packing if required, palletizing and other similar tasks pertaining to the rewinder machinery.
Duties require verbal communications skills, visual acuity to written material, product details, manual dexterity in the use of ordinary hand tools and the physical ability to lift various weights and to work on or around machinery.
Essential Job Functions
1. Unload finished rolls and place into cartons or on pallets per job specification for shipping or stage for material handler pick up.
2. Take product sample from each finished roll and apply the correct sample label for the operator to check and verify. Put samples into specified cartons as needed with information from the label format and bring to the specified drop off area.
3. Maintain work area. Sweep film debris from slitter/rewind area and empty waste containers.
4. Follow all established safety rules and regulations and utilize required safety equipment. Report unsafe conditions to the appropriate personnel. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
5. Cut cores to job specifications and maintain available cores and packing supplies at all rewind machines.
6. Rewind and fix nonconforming finished product rolls on sidewinder machine. Enter production data and create and print labels for reworked product.
Perform other similar duties as required or as requested by supervisor.
We offer an outstanding benefits package after 90 days of employment.
About Garlock Printing & Converting
In 1987, GARLOCK Printing & Converting Corporation was created to print premium quality, value-added wrapping tissue, gift wrap, flexible packaging and other packaging accessories for retail and various other markets. Many of our original employees are still with us today, representing dedication and experience in all phases of our operation.
As experienced flexographic printers, we continue to emphasize innovation, quality, and technological leadership by investing in our physical plant, state-of-the-art pre-press (including in-house production of photopolymer in-the-round cylinders), printing and converting equipment, and most importantly, people. Each and every member of our team is well trained in quality control and customer satisfaction.
As our organization has grown, we have honed our flexographic printing skills, and have met the challenges of numerous product categories and new markets as well as increasingly complicated artwork and printing processes (process print to 133+ line screens). We can have the capability to run substrates from 9lbs tissue to 100lb. paper and 25ga. films and up (polyester, polypropylene, polyethylene, and nylon).